The study of molecular biology involves biological phenomena, focusing on molecular synthesis, modifications and mechanisms. A huge influx of students pursues this course. The University of Manchester places 650/7,000 students in molecular biology. To score excellent grades, students strive to complete impressive molecular biology coursework. This helps them toget some good expertise and become professionals.
According to the statistical analysis published by Statista, the molecular diagnostic market is predicted to expand from 42.7 per cent in 2020 to 43.3 per cent for the forecast period 2031.
The above-mentioned stats highlight that molecular biology is the future sequencing field. Therefore, students tend to study this subject as it contains diverse and creative opportunities. Supervisors assign coursework to students so they can better practice their expertise. Writing coursework enhances students’ ability to present field knowledge with great innovation.
A well-written coursework adds extra grades to your whole molecular biology subject. Hence, students struggle to manage their studies as well as coursework writing. Instead of this, the hustle and bustle, don’t know how to start writeup. In such circumstances, they seek coursework writing services from experts. The highly qualified and experienced writers understand a topic, create a solid structure and write coherently.
Coming to our main topic let us understand molecular biology. Also, read a comprehensive guide to craft better coursework.
The field of biology particularly studies the functionalities of cells and organisms at a molecular level. The study includes the following processes:
- Protein synthesis.
- Gene expression and regulation.
- Plasmid construction, vector cloning and transfection.
- DNA replication and transcription.
This is a vast and dynamic field with a hub of opportunities. Molecular biology is becoming a demanding profession. As per the Decan Herald, there will be a 5% increase in demand for molecular biologists within the next 10 years. With these emerging employment opportunities students put their interest in studying undergraduate, and postgraduate molecular biology programs.
According to the program, students must write a research-based molecular biology coursework. No doubt writing coursework is a time-consuming task. You have to be highly subjective and focused in your writing. You must put in a genuine effort to gather and organise data coherently. For this, perform internet surfing to build credibility for your content.
Besides all this, if you are still looking for a guide, then read the next section.
Every subject has its own criteria for coursework writing. If you are writing a molecular biology coursework craft a logical and subjected oriented approach. A key skill is to perform effective topic coverage.
Students must cultivate a positive attitude towards coursework writing. We care about their concerns and therefore have presented an eight-step guide. Read all the below-mentioned points to craft outstanding coursework.
Sometimes instructors or supervisors may provide topics for molecular biology coursework. Students should be savvy researchers. They should deeply understand the specific goal such as:
- Addressing an argument.
- Critical analysis.
- Interrogative or descriptive.
Always select an impressive and trending topic because it will give you a chance to gather recent data efficiently. In this regard, you can also consult your supervisor or instructor. They will better guide you and connect different topic ideas.
Students find it very problematic to research the topics. They don’t know how to use keywords and get results for effective topics. Hence, they often feel stuck and confused at this stage. We deeply care about the student’s concerns therefore we have gathered a list of innovative topics. Read them for crafting excellent molecular biology coursework.
- Exploring innovative technologies to use nano-materials for treating oncological cancer.
- Advancements in the field of molecular biology.
- Studying the role of lipids in membrane biology.
- Crosstalk between cell physiology and metabolism.
- Presenting computational models for DNA, RNA and protein research.
- Protein regulation by lipids: An overview.
Many students forget to conduct deep research. To gather essential data on different molecular biology coursework research questions. Perform systematic searching. Divide the topic into chunks and make notes by writing different search terms.
For example, the research topic is studying the role of mitochondria in cells. First, you have to divide it as:
- Definition of mitochondria
- Where is it situated in the cell?
- What is the function of mitochondria?
- What is another name for mitochondria?
- Does a cell can function without it?
- The major roles it plays in cell functioning.
Image Source: ResearchGate
Using different research queries, you can easily comprehend the ideas in molecular biology coursework.
A clear outline is a good beginning of your research. Creating an outline helps you to write fluently. It organises the ideas and helps interlink information. The main purpose of outlining the resources is to build:
Before directly jumping into writing, first, create a basic outline for molecular biology coursework. The basic elements of efficient coursework are mentioned below:
- A title Page
- Table of Contents
- Main Body (including interlinking paragraphs)
- Reference List
Once you are done with the outline go ahead and write a draft. The main purpose of creating a draft is to:
- Clarify and modify information
- Setting the right direction for effective writing.
- Arises thought-provoking questions like what, why, and where.
Students can easily expand their ideas and reflect on adequate research. A crisp draft helps students write information using narrative, expository, and analytical styles. For example, while drafting one should consider different aspects:
- Introduction – write about key points in coursework. Be clear, concise and confident about your research. Include the background information and enrich it with strong evidence.
- Body paragraphs – you can write as paragraphs 1,2 and 3. Try to construct the main body with the title. Focus on your research vision, contributions and suggestions.
- Conclusion – it is considered the last but most important of all. In this section, you must propose the actual results, techniques and future openings regarding molecular biology. This section should be summarised systematically. Ensure that your readers get some valuable knowledge from your research. So, your coursework can be used further to write upon different molecular biology coursework ideas by other people.
Examples are a great way to engage the reader’s attention. Including examples helps students to understand the concepts related to molecular biology. There are different forms of examples such as:
- Infographics (visual graphics)
- Hypothetical example
Including examples makes your molecular biology coursework more professional. Moreover, it creates relevancy by interlinking the background information with the main topic. It fills the gaps between theory and practice. Examples foster critical thinking, enhance comprehension and prepare students for real-world problems.
How do universities suggest citing the references? Find the answer to this question in the below image provided by Northwest Missouri State University:
Citing the references in coursework on molecular biology builds accuracy. Dozens of styles exist for different professions and disciplines. It also depends upon the institute and criteria assigned by your supervisor. Citations are the proof to crosscheck your ideas with the work of others. Here are some tips that should be followed by students:
- Choose the style recommended by your supervisor.
- Use only one style as advised don’t intermix all the styles.
- Incorporate consistent bibliographic data such as names, dates and authors’ name.
Some of the citation styles you can use in molecular biology coursework writing are mentioned below:
While writing molecular biology coursework give proper credit to the original resources. This includes two benefits:
- It minimises the chances of plagiarism in your content.
- It adds a positive attitude of accepting and acknowledging other people’s work.
There are different ways to avoid plagiarism. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Paraphrase the ideas, and research into your own words.
- Add the reference using the recommended citation style.
- Develop your own style.
- Use quotation marks.
After writing the whole molecular biology coursework proofread it multiple times. It helps to make your content more polished. Don’t edit at the time of writing. Take a break and then resume the editing process. To deliver excellent quality you must spot the following errors:
- Sentence structure
- Also check margins, fonts and proper spacing.
Although the above-mentioned guide helps write a paper, many students have to manage their other tasks. Out of this burden, they reach out to professionals who provide help with molecular biology coursework writing. Experienced writers know how to craft, draft and write the focused information.
The basic concept of molecular biology lies in understanding the different functions in the cells. The processes include the following:
- Synthesis of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) and RNA (ribonucleic acid)
- Interaction of macro and micro-molecules in the cells.
- Understanding the complexities of gene expression.
Writing a coursework on molecular biology involves a few steps:
- Choose a good topic.
- Conduct deep research.
- Seek help from the supervisor.
- Designing a basic outline
- Writing according to IMRaD –
- Results and Discussion
- A clear conclusion.
The main topics of molecular biology are mentioned below:
- Molecular genetics
- Microbiology and virology
- DNA repair
- Microbial metabolism
- Gene expression
- Protein folding
|It is the branch of biology that deals with studying cells and cellular organelles. It includes the following: Cell parts.Functions of the cellular organelles.For example, the nucleus has functions and roles in inheritance.
|The specialised branch of biology deals with the study at a molecular level. This study involves the following: DNA.Chromosome.Gene expression.Transcription and translation.
Molecular biology focuses highly on nucleic acids such as DNA and RNA. As the branch deals with micro and macromolecule studies, DNA is the same as molecular biology.
So, the above-mentioned tips on molecular biology coursework can help students write coherently. Focus on the discussed steps and implement them to achieve high scores. The writing process becomes smoother when you have a proper set of instructions. Ensure not to make mistakes after reading this guide. Avoid contextual, punctuation, and spelling errors, and proofread your work multiple times to write an acceptable paper.